Hey y'all. SO I applied for the CBPO 20-11 posting last night for gs-7 and I listed Pembina ND as my preferred duty location (it was between Pembina or Portal). Does anyone have any experience at this location? I am from the Panhandle in Texas, so I already know that it's going to be a huge change for me, except for the lack of mountains and high elevation maybe. I guess what I'm trying to ask is: Is this duty station understaffed? Is it open 24/7? Is it really easy to get overtime here? Is overtime readily available (because I know how sweet the OT can be).. Mainly just questions like this, any helpful hints, what to expect, experiences. Honestly I will take whatever y'all can give me! Thanks in advance everyone, I appreciate it.
外围体育投注Hello, wanted to share with all that I94 correction can be done via email. No need to visit CBP, just identify your CBP, give them a call, and ask for the correction department. The officer will share the mail id and the required docs. Once he is satisfied with the proof, I94 is updated immediately. I got my I94 expiry date corrected to match my visa expiry date. Leaving a link in case anyone needs details.
外围体育投注I am a student studying abroad, and an LPR, who is financially supported by my mom. I am looking to apply for N400 and I have come across an issue in my application. There was an original break in continued residence of more than one year from June 2014-November 2015(I traveled with a re-entry permit). From November 2015 to now, I have many trips but one trip that lasted 6 months and 21 days outside of the US. I understand that I have to submit evidence against this ‘rebuttable presumption’ of a break in continued residence. From my limited understanding of the information from USCIS, this consists of but not limited to:
A) Show employment in US or that I was not looking for employment abroad (I was studying and financially supported by my mom)
She filed me as a dependent in her tax returns
外围体育投注Would this be acceptable?
B) Show that immediate family members remained in the US
My mom remained at our residence in the US and continued to work
外围体育投注I’m not sure what documentation to prove her residence.
C) Show mortgage or rental payments
My mom purchased a home during this time and my name is on the house deed
外围体育投注I was on my mom’s US health insurance as a dependent
I have bank accounts and credit card with my mom as well as my own
I have a driver’s license
I recently filed my AOS as adult unmarried kid of the US perm resident(F2B). My mother is the LPR but she has b come eligible for naturalization a few weeks ago. She doesnt plan to file N400 because she think it will delay my AOS by bumping me into F1 category. My priority date is August 7th 2015.
I just read that USCIS has decided to increase all immigration form fees, and N400 is one of them...which will be up by 83%...and it will be in effect 60 days from its publication.
外围体育投注What should I do? Should I just have her file N409 now?
I am a US Citizen. My GF, a Colombian Citizen with a valid B1/B2 Tourist Visa, decided to come and visit me on March 17th. She had a return flight 2 weeks later. Within those 2 weeks, her President decided to close the boarders of Colombia. Her return flight was cancelled. She did have the option to book a flight back before the boarders were closed but we thought "hey, COVID will probably be over in 2 months and we can get a flight back then. More time we can stay together!".....Well, here we are about to be in August and her country has extended the boarder closure until September 1st. I have a return flight booked for her on Sept. 3rd (we had one on Sept. 1st but it was cancelled). Technically, she is allowed to stay in the US until Sept. 17th (6 months since March 17th). Here is where it starts to get complicated.
Why my GF is very scared:
外围体育投注Everything was fine until the beginning of July. One day, my GF sees a post on IG from an Immigration agency in Colombia. The owner of the agency in that post was talking about that CBP does not like for tourists to stay in the US past 5 months and that if they do, they will cancel your visa. She constantly worries about her visa due to her belief that Latin people are targeted more than other ethnicities. This sends my GF into freak out mode because it has been her dream for years to come to this country to study and become a lawyer. She's almost done with her law degree in Colombia and will be applying for a University soon in the US and then applying for her Student Visa. If her Tourist Visa is revoked, then she can say goodbye to getting a Student Visa (so she thinks). Essentially, this has started a very stressful process of talking to numerous immigration lawyers, calling USCIS, calling CBP Offices, and trying to talk to other tourists to figure out what is going to happen to her and her visa.
I've tried to explain to her that what is happening in the world right now is something new and unprecedented. I have tried to explain to her that she is not the only one who is stuck in this country and that I am sure the CBP officers would understand her situation for why she stayed in this country for so long. She has never committed a crime, she has never worked in the US, and she is an aspiring student. Prior to this incident, she would only come to the US to visit her family maybe 1/2 time a year and would stay for about 20 days. Her record is clean. Plus, we have all the documents pertaining to the cancellation of her flight to further prove that she was literally stuck here.
外围体育投注Each immigration lawyer we spoke to about her case gave us different responses. Many of these responses would conflict with what other lawyers would say. Here are some of the things she was told:
She will be fine and have nothing to worry about if she goes back before March 17th
Customs does not like for a B1/B2 tourist to stay past 2 months, even though they give her 6 months to legally be here
She should file form i-539 for an extension, but if she goes back to her country before the form is approved, then she is okay
外围体育投注She should file the extension but if she goes back to her country before it is approved, then her visa will automatically be cancelled
If her extension is denied, then her visa will be cancelled
She can file the extension at any time
She should file the extension 45 days before her time her expires
She should marry me